WHAT IS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?
Apple Cider Vinegar is a type of vinegar made from apple cider that has been fermented by yeast and bacteria, which turns the sugars into alcohol. It then undergoes a second fermentation process in which the alcohol is converted into acetic acid. The fermentation process accounts for the health-promoting probiotics and enzymes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Apple Cider Vinegar is a popular natural health treatment with acetic acid thought to aid weight loss in numerous ways:
- Improves metabolism
- Reduces fat storage
- Increases fat burning
- Suppresses appetite
- Reduces water retention
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?
In addition to promoting weight and fat loss, Apple Cider Vinegar has several other health benefits:
- Improves blood sugar and insulin response
- Decreases cholesterol levels
- Lowers blood pressure
- Kills harmful bacteria and viruses
MORE REASONS TO KEEP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR HANDY
Most of these were new to me so you may or may not be aware of these benefits but they certainly want to make me stock up on my Apple Cider Vinegar!
- Helps settle an upset stomach thanks to its antibiotic properties (try sipping before you eat if you know you’re going to indulge in foods that will make you sorry later)
- Cures hiccups by overstimulating the nerves in the throat responsible for the spasms
- Soothes a sore throat by killing any germs
- Clears a stuffy nose: the potassium thins mucus and the acetic acid prevents germ growth
- Kills dandruff: the acidity of apple cider vinegar changes the pH of your scalp, making it harder for yeast to grow
- Clears acne: the acids soften and exfoliate skin, reduce red spots, and balance the pH of your skin
- Boosts energy: the potassium and enzymes may relieve that tired feeling
- Banishes bad breath by killing odor-causing bacteria
- Whitens teeth: gargle with apple cider vinegar to help remove stains, whiten teeth, and kill bacteria in your mouth
- Soothes sunburns: add a cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of coconut oil and some lavender essential oil to a lukewarm bath
- Acts as a household cleaner thanks to its antibacterial properties: mix equal parts or apple cider vinegar and water
HOW TO ADD APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TO YOUR DIET
To get the full weight loss and health benefits, 1-2 tablespoons per day is recommended. If possible, spread this out into 2-3 doses throughout the day. It is best to mix it with water and drink it before meals.
TYPE AND BRAND REALLY DO MATTER
Using just any apple cider vinegar won’t provide all the benefits. To maximize the benefits, you should use organic, raw and unfiltered whenever possible. You can purchase it at just about every grocery store and online. I suggest Bragg’s Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with “The Mother” which refers to the raw enzymes and bacteria that promote digestive health.
Although Apple Cider Vinegar is healthy and safe, consuming large amounts can lead to some negative effects on health. Be sure to always dilute apple cider vinegar in water instead of drinking it straight and start with a low dose and work your way up to assess your tolerance.
If you’re taking blood sugar medications, talk to your doctor before using apple cider vinegar. Because apple cider vinegar may help reduce blood sugar levels, you may need to modify your dosage of diabetes medications.
While there are a wide range of Apple Cider Vinegar uses, it shouldn’t be viewed as a quick fix or cure when it comes to your health. It should be paired with a nutritious diet and healthy lifestyle to maximize your results but it’s clear there are so many benefits of apple cider vinegar taken daily!!
I’d love to hear your thoughts if you’ve been using apple cider vinegar for health and weight loss or if you’ve tried it for any of the other amazing reasons.